This is the sixth strategy in our series on the 10 Ways
Top Agents Get Listings (see strategy # 5 by clicking here).
Do you want an incredibly effective way to use Facebook to make yourself THE real estate expert people want to work with in a local area?
Here’s a powerful strategy you can use with Facebook business pages that can get you massive exposure and credibility online with people in a targeted region of your local city or town.
It’s called a “community” fan page, where you focus the Facebook page around interesting things about where you live (or work) instead of yourself.
That’s the secret, and here’s the step-by-step process to put it to work in your business:
STEP 1: Create A “Community” Page
- Go here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php
- Choose Category: Cause or Community
- Select Name: 365 Things To Do In [Area], or
52 Reasons To Live in [Neighborhood]
STEP 2: Setup of Background Info of Your “Community” Page
- About: Focus this around the community but proclaim yourself as the “Area specialist” who set up the page to share with residents and friends all the great things to do if you live there.
- Photo: Choose a photo of the area, not you or your logo!
STEP 3: Start Adding Posts To Your “Community” Page
- Demonstrate why they should think of you as a specialist of that area…
- What to share? Share tips, insights, fun facts about the area.
- How long? Doesn’t have to be long – a few sentences.
- How often? DAILY or WEEKLY, Make a goal to do this for an entire year (give it at least 3 months to start seeing some interest).
- Don’t forget you can “Schedule Posts” on your page to go out each day or each week.
365 Things To Do In Vancouver, WA
San Clemente Living
STEP 4: Announce Your “Community” Page To Friends/Fans
How do you get some initial fans to get the ball rolling?
After a few posts (at least 3 to 5 so something is on your page) do the following…
Simply email your existing friends (even if they don’t live in your area) and ask them to do you a favor and “Like” the new page:
- Friends on Facebook — post a message as a Status Update for friends
- Email contacts – invite friends to like it by going to “Build Audience,” invite email contacts, and then following the options to have an email be sent for people to “Like” your community page.
Here’s an example message:
I just created a new page about a community I know inside and out.
It’s called [365 Things To Do In Area]. Visit the page and click “Like” to help me out. I’ll share fun things to do in [Area], along with amazing restaurants, hidden gems, and updates about the real estate market.
The idea with this system is to post things that people want to “share” with others so you continue to get new likes, virally…without having to spend money getting more fans.
Ask yourself, “What are things to do in [Area]” that few people know about? Or, what could you highlight or share about the area that is unique to that area? And be consistent, even if it’s only weekly.
|The strategy above is called the Facebook Neighborhood Specialist™ System positions YOU as the premier area expert.
• Create A “Community” Page On Facebook
• Setup of Background Info of Your “Community” Page
• Start Adding Posts To Your “Community” Page
• Announce Your “Community” Page To Friends/Fans